When You Don’t Choose Love You Choose Fear
Why is it easier for us to have negative feelings and negative thoughts than it is to have positive, loving thoughts, positive and loving feelings? Have you ever asked yourself this question? Is it maybe because we have created all that is negative, and it is easier for us to accept it and identify with it? We can accept insanity, hate, and sorrow, but we can’t accept LOVE and compassion?
If we could literally reach into you and remove all your fears – every one of them – how different would your life be? Think about it. If nothing stopped you from following your dreams, your life would probably be very different.
Happiness, anxiety, joy, resentment — we have many words for the many emotions we experience in our lifetimes. But deep down, at our cores, there are only two emotions: love and fear. All positive emotions come from love, all negative emotions from fear. From love flows happiness, contentment, peace, and joy. From fear comes anger, hate, anxiety and guilt.
We have to make a decision to be in one place or the other. There is no neutrality in this. If you don’t actively choose love, you will find yourself in a place of either fear or one of its component feelings. Every moment offers the choice to choose one or the other. And we must continually make these choices, especially in difficult circumstances when our commitment to love, instead of fear, is challenged.
We must continually choose love in order to nourish our souls and drive away fear.
When you start saying yes to the universe, yes to LOVE, fear will no longer have its place in your life, for that which is loved can not be feared, and that which is feared can not be loved. These two can’t coexist, and when one is present, the other is absent. Never forget this, for it will help you on so much on your journey to self-discovery.
Happiness is a choice, peace of mind is a choice, and that choice is LOVE.
“There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” ~ John Lennon
Here are some tips to help you show up with love:
- Accept the fear. It’s okay to feel vulnerable. When we act with love, the things that worry us don’t go away — they get put in their place so we can get past them.
- Surface your intention. Underneath the fear you’ll find a good reason. Because I want to do the right thing. Because she needs this. Because this could be better. In sum: Because you care.
- Choose bravery. Love takes guts. When you face the hard truths or uncomfortable moments, you proudly stand by your intentions. And that feels great, no matter what the outcome.
LOVE versus fear: what do you feel?
- LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL (fear is conditional)
- LOVE IS STRONG (fear is weak)
- LOVE RELEASES (fear obligates)
- LOVE SURRENDERS (fear binds)
- LOVE IS HONEST (fear is deceitful)
- LOVE TRUSTS (fear suspects)
- LOVE ALLOWS (fear dictates)
- LOVE GIVES (fear resists)
- LOVE FORGIVES (fear blames)
- LOVE IS COMPASSIONATE (fear pities)
- LOVE CHOOSES (fear avoids)
- LOVE IS KIND (fear is angry)
- LOVE IGNITES (fear incites)
- LOVE EMBRACES (fear repudiates)
- LOVE CREATES (fear negates)
- LOVE HEALS (fear hurts)
- LOVE IS MAGIC (fear is superstitious)
- LOVE ENERGIZES (fear saps)
- LOVE IS AN ELIXIR (fear is a poison)
- LOVE INSPIRES (fear worries)
- LOVE DESIRES (fear Joneses)
- LOVE IS PATIENT (fear is nervous)
- LOVE IS BRAVE (fear is afraid)
- LOVE IS RELAXED (fear is pressured)
- LOVE IS BLIND (fear is judgmental)
- LOVE RESPECTS (fear disregards)
- LOVE ACCEPTS (fear rejects)
- LOVE DREAMS (fear schemes)
- LOVE WANTS TO PLAY (fear needs to control)
- LOVE ENJOYS (fear suffers)
- LOVE FREES (fear imprisons)
- LOVE BELIEVES (fear deceives)
- LOVE “WANTS” (fear “needs”)