Self-confidence originates in knowing who I really am. While we are getting to know ourselves throughout life, is very important another basic element which is called: ACCEPTING YOURSELF.
It originates in our capability of accepting ourselves as human beings and focus on our positive sides at the same time – our virtues, priorities and good qualities, which define us. When we focus on these sides of our self-image, it begins to positively affect our self-confidence and self-respect. We center too less on our advantages, instead we are focused on our imperfections, which does more harm than good.
We have to help ourselves and others to start focusing on positive images.
10 STEPS TO RAISE SELF-IMAGE/SELF-CONFIDENCE
1. I respect and accept myself.
2. I set my goals and strive for achieving them.
3. I accept other people and collaborate with them.
4. I solve “problems”, not avoid them.
5. I learn how to cooperate with stress.
6. I think positive.
7. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions.
8. I am aware of how precious, unique and unrepeatable I am.
9. I stand up for myself, I set boundaries.
10. I identify, accept and express my feelings.
PRACTICE 1: WRITE YOUR OWN DIARY OF COMPLIMENTS
What other people appreciate about you?
What are your unique skills?
What are you really good at?
What do you like about yourself?
What have you already achieved?
Add something in your notebook every day and write down which good things happened “today”.
1. Buy a beautiful notebook.
2. Write down every praise or compliment you get.
3. Pay attention on how you respond to praises.
EXERCISE NO. 2: Choose 8 people and ask them which are your unique abilities or what they appreciate most about you and write everything down.
EXERCISE NO. 3: Write down everyone and everything what is good and positive in your life, considering yourself.
* Look at the list and see how happy you really are in this moment.
SELF-CONFIDENT – for consideration:
Why are you slowing down your own sources of happiness?
How to stop hesitating and start living now?
How to access your inner strength?
How to develop your spiritual and emotional self-confident?
How to eliminate the fear that holds you back from living passionate and fuller life?